Knitted blankets (Charity Knitting)

Sunday, 27 August 2017

From the archive - Purple baby hats

I made these two hats after seeing an appeal for purple hats for newborn babies to wear to remind parents that babies cry ~ sometimes for hours ~ known as the Period of Purple Crying. More information can be found on the link http://purplecrying.info/what-is-the-period-of-purple-crying.php  The acronym PURPLE is used to describe specific characteristics of a baby's crying.



The hats were made following a longstanding favourite pattern using Knitting Essentials double knitting yarn, 98% acrylic, 2% metallic yarn, colour purple sparkle. The metallic thread is soft, not scratchy. 

The hats were to be donated to the London Health Sciences Centre in London, Ontario, Canada. 

Other commitments at the time prevented me from making more than two. By the time I remembered to post them I had missed the deadline of 31st October 2015.  I put them away to resurrect in 2016 but by then had forgotten all about them. 

Earlier this year the hats reappeared when I was looking for something else. My online research found this link http://clickforbabies.org/partners/ontario.php which gives the 2017 deadline as 30th September. There is also a link to free knitted hat patterns. With the knitting projects I am currently working on I hope that I will have time to make more purple hats and post them all to reach Canada in time. 

The address to send finished hats is London Health Sciences Centre, Victoria Hospital, 800 Commissioners Road East, Room E1-129. London, Ontario, N6A 5W9, Canada. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my Paulineknit blog today. Your comments are welcome. If you enjoy knitting please visit and Like my Facebook Page www.facebook.com/Paulineknit.