Knitted blankets (Charity Knitting)

Sunday, 16 July 2017

Poodle scarf

A year or more ago one of my knitting pals was selling balls (or what some people would call skeins) of Stylecraft Poodle scarf knitting yarn (now discontinued) with the money raised going to a Good Cause. Which one I cannot remember but most likely for Shoeboxes (Samaritan's Purse Operation Christmas Child). I bought a ball of shade 1720 Lavender (which I shall describe as light blue and dark blue) and another of 1719 Peony (which I shall describe as red and black).

The yarn content is 74% acrylic, 16% polyester and 10% mohair. The yarn was worked on 5mm needles, the Lavender over 4 stitches and the Peony over 5 stitches.

The Lavender scarf, which I made for myself, is warm, comfortable and cosy to wear. The Lavender scarf is shorter than it should have been because part of the yarn was faulty. 



The recently finished Peony scarf was made to give to a Good Cause, which is the craft stall my knitting pal Sally will be running to raise money for Over Day Centre, Cambridgeshire. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my Paulineknit blog today. Your comments are welcome. If you enjoy knitting please visit and Like my Facebook Page www.facebook.com/Paulineknit.