Knitted blankets (Charity Knitting)

Friday, 1 January 2016

Hats for refugees 2015

Acknowledging the influx of refugees into Europe during 2015, members of the Dolphin Knitters knitted and crocheted hats and a scarf which were sent to Knit for Peace for distribution. Thank you to Sue Speechley aka Granny's World for organising this.

Photograph © Sue Speechley 2015. Used here with permission.

My contribution was a deep brimmed pull on hat made using a King Cole acrylic DK yarn from my stash. The pattern was the free Woolly Hat Knitting Pattern from the Sailors' Society. I had used this pattern earlier in the year for the Sailors' Society Woolly Hat Week




Knit for Peace sent an appreciative acknowledgement for the donations.

4 comments:

  1. I have knitted ten hats and will continue to knit more but could you let me know where to send them please, Mrs Mary Hallam,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have knitted ten hats and will continue to knit more but could you let me know where to send them please, Mrs Mary Hallam,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hats were sent to Knit for Peace. Details of where to send kniited items an be found here http://www.knitforpeace.org.uk/knit-for-good/donate-goods/

      Wishing you a very Happy New Year.

      Delete
    2. The hats were sent to Knit for Peace. Details of where to send kniited items an be found here http://www.knitforpeace.org.uk/knit-for-good/donate-goods/

      Wishing you a very Happy New Year.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my Paulineknit blog today. Your comments are welcome. If you enjoy knitting please visit and Like my Facebook Page www.facebook.com/Paulineknit.