Knitted blankets (Charity Knitting)

Saturday, 2 January 2016

Christmas tree decorations for Huntingdon Library 2015

In 2015 Huntingdon Library asked the KnitLit group that meets there if members would make knitted decorations for the forthcoming Christmas tree. The finished tree looked very pretty.



 


My donation to the decorations were six white coils (or twirlies), and six Christmas stockings knitted to my own design. The coils were made using a sparkle acrylic yarn. The smaller stocking (on the extreme left in the picture below) was made using acrylic yarns some years ago as a sample for the knitting pattern. The other five were made specially for the tree using sparkle acrylic yarns. All the hanging cords are crochet chain.



Patr Kitchen donated some stars knitted using glitter yarns. These were displayed in the Library behind the main information desk on the ground floor. The poor picture quality is my camera-shake when using the telephoto option on my camera.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my Paulineknit blog today. Your comments are welcome. If you enjoy knitting please visit and Like my Facebook Page www.facebook.com/Paulineknit.