Knitted blankets (Charity Knitting)

Thursday, 16 July 2015

Two children's jumpers for fundraising

You may remember that in 2014 I made two children's jumpers using donated (to me) Spectrum Detroit Chunky yarn, one blue and one orange, which were sold with the proceeds going to the community centre.

There was enough yarn to make another jumper in each colour. 24 inch/61cm chest using 6mm needles. This time I chose a less bulky stitch pattern ~ plain stocking stitch ~ using my own pattern for the simple raglan sleeved, round neck design.





After attempts to sell these jumpers to raise funds for the community centre failed, they were donated to Magpas (Mid Anglia General Practitioner Accident Service) for their fundraising craft stall. They were given in time for the Magpas Orange Day on Friday 15th May 2015 when people are asked to wear something orange and donate £1 to Magpas for the privilege.

Apologies for the poor picture quality. My camera doesn't like photographing orange or red.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my Paulineknit blog today. Your comments are welcome. If you enjoy knitting please visit and Like my Facebook Page www.facebook.com/Paulineknit.