Knitted blankets (Charity Knitting)

Saturday, 29 December 2012

Octopus

This friendly chap was made by my mother's sister who gave him to my mother more than twenty years ago.





The pattern - Octopus, Mascot or Toy - is from Jean Greenhowe's Toy Collection book.

My aunt was an avid knitter, she being one of those who taught me likewise. She was never without something on her needles until she was taken ill and died in 1993. I was lucky to have inherited many of her patterns and pattern books.

My mother obviously took care of Octopus. He was given to my aunt's youngest grandchild after my mother died.

1 comment:

  1. He's lovely, you would never know he was so old, obviously well cared for as you say.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my Paulineknit blog today. Your comments are welcome. If you enjoy knitting please visit and Like my Facebook Page www.facebook.com/Paulineknit.