Knitted blankets (Charity Knitting)

Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Work in progress, Wednesday 21st November

The Ambrosia Collar by Abravo Alpacas has got as far as it can before running out of yarn. This is a hand dyed 100% alpaca Aran thickness yarn which is easy to knit with, grows quickly and has a warm luxurious handle.



The vertical lace pattern dolman sweater has been started and is progressing well. The sweater is worked from cuff to cuff so the vertical lace pattern will be horizontal when worn. Concentration is needed to keep the pattern correct while working the frequent increases. The yarn is an acrylic and wool mix Aran thickness which also grows quickly. Everybody asks what the safety pins are for. I prefer safety pins for stitch markers, row markers or whatever markers. Here they are inserted at the start of the increases and then every 10 rows.


The blue sparkle raglan sweater is almost complete to the armholes and will then be completed in the round. The picture shows back, front and a sleeve complete plus the second sleeve about three-quarters done. The cables are supposed to be in different directions on each sleeve.


Not much progress on the variegated 4ply polo neck sweater, or some other items that were WIPs and are now UFOs, such as the Alexis Gloves.


8 comments:

  1. I love that ambrosia collar ... it looks so plush and warm! Alpaca is just so fun to work with. The stitches are so crisp and clear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that all round this is a lovely yarn to work with.

      Delete
  2. 4 ply sweaters are hard work, but worth it when they're done! I will be interested to see the Dolman when it's done x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like 4ply and think it more 'classy' than thicker yarns but it doesn't keep me so warm!

      Delete
  3. You have achieved lots this week Pauline. All WIP's are looking good. I particularly like the blue sweater. I made a lacy dolman sleeve jumper years ago (2 colour), if I remember rightly there was a lot of swearing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. Started the armhole section of the blue sweater last night. You are not alone. A few curse words with the dolman already!

      Delete
  4. I have been hunting for someone such as yourself since moving to Cambridgeshire 5 years ago! I desperately would love to learn to knit, could you help, or know of anybody that may? I am based in Wistow, outside of Huntingdon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikki, can you please send me a message by e-mail and I will reply fully. Thank you. paulineknit@aol.com

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my Paulineknit blog today. Your comments are welcome. If you enjoy knitting please visit and Like my Facebook Page www.facebook.com/Paulineknit.