Knitted blankets (Charity Knitting)

Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday, 14th November 2012

Not much has progressed during this past week. I have been making or finishing projects for other people, sorting knitting problems for other people or doing other activities, some of which took up more time than intended. Yesterday Dave and I went on a very enjoyable day trip to Canterbury. I could have taken some knitting to do on the coach but decided to have a break. Over the weekend were televised the Lord Mayor's Show and Remembrance programmes, and I chose not to knit through these but to reflect on all aspects of human sacrifice - volunteering, duty, suffering, bravery and death. 

You may remember that in September I mentioned the patterns for humbugs and gobstoppers for the Sweetie Shop of knitted sweets at the Knitting and Stitching Show. The intended twenty of each were completed this week and posted in time for the Harrogate Show if not Alexandra Palace. It's a pity that the camera dampens the vibrancy of some of the colours and the sheen of some of the yarns.



 


A friend asked me to sew up and add the front bands to a baby's cardigan she had made. She had followed the raglan decreases as instructed, to work the first two stitches of the row as knit two stitches together and to work the last two stitches of the row also as knit two stitches together, which produced uneven and lumpy edges, difficult to seam neatly. With my friend's poor eyesight I understood why she was having problems. 


I did consider pulling back and reworking the raglans but the difference in knitting would have been noticeable and I did not want to offend or humiliate my friend. 

Started today is an Ambrosia Neck Collar for a customer of Abravo Alpacas


Then back to where I left off last week. 

The new KnitLit Huntingdon book is Friends, Lovers, Chocolate by Alexander McCall Smith which was issued last Wednesday. I am enjoying this book - more so because it does not stagnate in parts - and have nearly finished it. Then back to my favourite author - Miss Read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my Paulineknit blog today. Your comments are welcome. If you enjoy knitting please visit and Like my Facebook Page www.facebook.com/Paulineknit.