Knitted blankets (Charity Knitting)

Wednesday, 13 June 2012

WIP Wednesday, 13th June 2012

Not much done on the knitting front this week - teething problems with a new laptop. It's surprising how much time these gadgets steal, especially when they won't work. Thank goodness for a technically-minded husband.

I've been like a knitting butterfly this past week, working on this, that, then something else. 

Knitting the next project for Colleague A is started and progressing. I am very pleased with it (and I hope that she will be too). It's in thick yarn so doesn't take long to make.


I had to make my way by bus to the Tuesday afternoon knitting group so chose something not only easy to work while chatting but also light to carry. Last year I bought Purl Alpacas Designs pattern and alpaca yarn for a pair of Alexis gloves. There was enough yarn left over to make a second pair, so this is what I took. However, a complement from another knitter really did make me feel old but, unlike Queen Victoria, I was amused. "I like the shade of grey you are knitting," she said. "It matches your hair."  I also have a ball of fawn remaining from the Purl Alpaca Designs Duchess jacket and have started on the first of two more pairs of gloves. Some Christmas gifts sorted. 


This shows one of the previously made Alexis gloves being worn. 


Started and completed was a sample made for a friend showing the double corners as worked in the Ten-Stitch Blanket pattern by Frankie Brown (copyright 2008). To achieve this effect, the first row of the double corners has to start alternately on Right Side and Wrong Side rows.


The spiral scarf is completed. 

Squares to form five and a half strips of the six strips needed for the rust and mauve blanket have been joined. There are only 36 squares because that is all the yarn there was enough for.


I have also worked sporadically on the white-centred Ten-Stitch blanket and the soft toy.

While out on Tuesday afternoon I found some beautiful navy yarn with a metallic twist running through it. Resisted it on arrival but simply had to go back and buy it on the way to catching the bus home. Only £1 for a 75g ball. Good enough for the very few times I'll have an occasion to wear it.

2 comments:

  1. I love the scarf, it looks like it was fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and it is very easy. One of those patterns that when you get the hang of it, it can be worked without much concentration. Good for taking to knitting groups.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my Paulineknit blog today. Your comments are welcome. If you enjoy knitting please visit and Like my Facebook Page www.facebook.com/Paulineknit.