Knitted blankets (Charity Knitting)

Thursday, 7 June 2012

Wednesday WIP, 6th June 2012

Yet another week without much done. The sewing up of the rust and mauve squares and the soft toy stagnate. I like my seaming to be perfect - well, perfect to my standards - and I can't achieve perfection with either of these projects. 

The spiral scarf progresses at knitting club (so I knit and chat) and is almost finished. 


The matching sock is completed and given, and I started and finished another scarf made using Stylecraft Sparkle Ruffles in the same colourway as before. Not such a big achievement as the scarf can be made in an evening. 


On Sunday 3rd June I accompanied Frances Bath of Abravo Alpacas to the Wool Weekend - a day to celebrate wool - at Wimpole Home Farm, Cambridgeshire, a National Trust property. It was cold and wet, very wet. There was a sheep shearing demonstration, and the Education Centre was used for demonstrating the following-on processes. Frances brought and displayed some of her yarns and knitted items and she also demonstrated spinning using fleece from her alpaca herd.



A gentleman was also spinning while his wife demonstrated felting. I was demonstrating hand knitting, finger knitting, French knitting with a bobbin/dolly and lucetting (but not all at the same time). While there I managed to begin making the sample garment for the next Abravo project, Frances being my Colleague A. This new project is my main WIP. The other is sorting out a technique for a friend, and then writing it down so that she and anyone else can follow the instructions. 

A knitting group colleague has kindly donated cones of fine yarn for the Fusion sessions. The next WIP will be winding several strands together into balls. 

I am sorry about the adverts that may come up when you click on what you think is a link. I am looking for a way to eliminate this. 

2 comments:

  1. like you nothing much achieved (on the knitting front) this past week so didn't even bother to post. Socks turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost didn't either. The ads I was referring to are associated with my new PC. After much detective work Dave has been able to eliminate them. A good bloke is my Dave.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my Paulineknit blog today. Your comments are welcome. If you enjoy knitting please visit and Like my Facebook Page www.facebook.com/Paulineknit.