Knitted blankets (Charity Knitting)

Tuesday, 6 December 2011

Weekend at Weston Super Mare

Dave and I had a very enjoyable weekend away. The hotel was clean, pleasant, and warm. The staff were efficient and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble for them. The food was excellent, even a vegetarian cooked breakfast. There was only one quiz, which we won - by half a point. And no bingo (hooray).

As is usual on our coach holidays, I took knitting with me, this time one of the three ten-stitch blankets I have on the go. The there and back journeys were interrupted by periods of sleeping so I didn't get as much done as intended. On the way there we stopped at Cirencester for lunch and were glad to say that the yarn shop is still there. Much handling, much drooling but I came away empty handed. I am the wrong side of sixty and want to knit up all that lovely yarn that is languishing in my late mother's bedroom. Both excursions were also for the scenery as well as the culture when we arrived at the destinations so I didn't take knitting with me. I found an upmarket woolshop in Bath and again drooled and panted but didn't buy anything. It sold Knit Pro needles, including circulars, but not the metal tips which I prefer to the wooden ones. I'd recommend Knit Pro needles to anyone and everyone. This shop also sold King Cole Galaxy in colours other than the white, grey and black combinations. I didn't succumb but the information might be useful to a friend. I'd rather shop local when possible and keep the shops open. On the Sunday we stopped at Dunster with its Yarn Market. A pity none of the shops sold yarn.



Royal Crescent, Bath. Copyright David Hornsby.

Before we went the socks were posted. I came back to struggle with the assembly instructions for a stuffed toy, hoping that the days away would help me to see them with a fresh mind. Still confused. I will ask some of the knitters at the groups I attend for help; they will approach from a different viewpoint and may make the penny drop. In my favour are reports on the internet about poor assembly instructions for this pattern.

In the meantime I have been trying to sell the surplus stock from my retail days on my website but without much luck. Guess I need to reach the right audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my Paulineknit blog today. Your comments are welcome. If you enjoy knitting please visit and Like my Facebook Page www.facebook.com/Paulineknit.