Knitted blankets (Charity Knitting)

Friday, 15 October 2010

Can you knit me up some wool?

Last year a friend asked me if I could and would knit up some 'wool' for another of her friends to which I agreed. When I was working I didn't have the time but was able to complete the garments earlier this year. So at least said friend of friend has some hand knits for this winter.






In the bag were three enormous balls of acrylic yarn, two white and one blue, plus a big ball of pink and two smaller balls of cream and turquoise. There didn't seem to be enough blue for a complete sweater so the ribbed areas were worked in the cream.






















There was enough white for a similar plain sweater and also a summer cardi.

































The pink, turquoise and leftovers (plus a small amount of my own yarn to match the blue) were made into a sleeveless sideways knitted slipover. I have three of these myself, the pattern being a good one for using leftover yarns.


















This year I have also made a plain V-neck cardi with side pockets for someone else, this time using pure wool.

















I am no longer taking on knit to order. However I am still knitting for pleasure, currently enjoying knitting things for my husband, for my cousin's baby daughter (baby will be a year old in December), for a sale of work, for the Samaritan's Purse Christmas Shoebox Appeal, for Christmas gifts, and for myself. It's good to see the stash starting to go down!

5 comments:

  1. A very interesting article by a lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you have been busy Pauline, really like the blue cardigan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the 'sideways' top.I am glad to hear that you are starting to knit more for yourself now.Looking forward to seeing photos on Ravelry!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my Paulineknit blog today. Your comments are welcome. If you enjoy knitting please visit and Like my Facebook Page www.facebook.com/Paulineknit.