Knitted blankets (Charity Knitting)

Saturday, 19 June 2010

Teaching and things ...

The 2010 Summer term evening classes did not run at St Ivo as there were not enough learners. This was just as well as I had a heart attack on 19th April and cancelled all classes (St Ivo and the private Sewing the Seeds) as well as fully retiring from working. Any work I do now will be for pursuing my own projects. I had not intended to teach at St Ivo after this academic year anyway in view of the mountains of paperwork to generate and the courses to attend. My private classes usually required the preparation of detailed handouts and numerous samples, and as yet I cannot rustle up the energy and concentration for these or promise to finish them on time. However, I feel OK and am progressing. Thank you to everyone for their good wishes, cards, flowers, concern, and nagging. I really did need the nagging and have now seen sense.

The lovely ladies from the 2010 Spring term evening classes formed their own knitting group and I enjoy attending as a member every week. I still attend the monthly knitting group in Stilton to which I have belonged for many years - 15 is it? And the fortnightly Medway Craft Group, and KnitLit Huntington. Last year I started to go to KTog Cambridge but fell by the wayside. Maybe time to think about returning now and again. Sadly attending Rampton Spinners is not a current option.

So apart from attending knitting clubs I am spending much time with Dave, my dear husband. It's taking a long time to sort out the mountains of paper which arose from my working for clients but, albeit slowly, progress is being made. Stash is starting to be used to make all those things I promised myself and WIP (Works(s) In Progress) are progressing further. I'm also trying to catch up with all the letter writing and e-mail sending that fell behind, as well as typing up ideas and patterns stored about the house on scraps of paper. Tiredness and inability to concentrate are my worst enemies. Still a glutton for "punishment", I have started to dabble in patchwork and want to revive my long-ago interest in embroidery.

I still have items for sale left over from my retail days, including needles, patterns and some yarn. Also secondhand books and knitting magazines to sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my Paulineknit blog today. Your comments are welcome. If you enjoy knitting please visit and Like my Facebook Page www.facebook.com/Paulineknit.